The race starts and finishes at the Burnum Burnum Sanctuary. This event brings 100+ boats and supporters to the Woronora area each year. The public is advised of the following impacts:
- The Burnum Burnum Sanctuary, parking area, boat ramp and park shelters are likely to be heavily congested from early on the day.
- Boat owners are encouraged to use the alternate boat ramp at Bonnet Bay noting that this boat ramp will also be within the course set out for the race
- Boat operators are reminded to observe the posted maximum speed restrictions, and minimize boat wash in accordance with Maritime Safety Act 1998, part 2, section 13 – Reckless, dangerous or negligent navigation and other acts
- Fishing from the shoreline, structures and water is likely to be disrupted by race activities between the Prince Edward Park footbridge and Thompson’s Bay Illawong.
- SSCC and SES volunteers will be assisting with safety boats.
- Temporary buoys will be deployed during the race to mark the course and shallow water hazards.
Further details are available on the race webpage.