Sutherland Shire Canoe Club & COVID-19
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented guidelines to enable limited opening of our Club. These guidelines reflect directives from the Australian Government, NSW Government, Paddle NSW and Paddle Australia.
We recommend all club visitors read and become familiar with the COVID-19 Safety Plan – available below. John Denyer is the Club’s COVID-19 Safety Officer.
In summary, please observe the following so that we can stay safe and healthy while slowing the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay at home if you feel unwell or have any cold or flu symptoms.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres away from others wherever possible.
- Your attendance at the Club will be recorded by the opening / closing officer on duty. You will not need to handle any paper or pens at the Club.
- Do not use the Club kitchen, showers or toilet.
- Do not enter the Club house unless it is essential (ie first aid, defibrillator).
- Do not access the boat storage room unless prior arrangements have been made with the COVID-19 Safety Officer or a Committee Member.
- Bring everything you need to wash your boat, including water, and avoid sharing your equipment with others.
- Bring your own chair.
- Bring your own food and drinks.
- Dispose of any rubbish in the garbage bins in Burnum Burnum Sanctuary.
- Minimise the time you spend socialising after paddling.
- For time trials, bring your own race number holder and clean the race number before returning it.
- The committee will provide hand sanitiser and cleaning agents for use at the Club.
- Trial paddlers are encouraged to make an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Club area carpark will be open to members on Club Sundays until 11.45am. Access is from Washington Drive, Bonnet Bay at the Tom Evans Baseball Field.
Your cooperation is appreciated.