The 10km Time Trial course is largely the same as the 5km Time Trial course, except it initially continues downstream past the island.
- Start downstream at the same start/finish line as the 5km Time Trial course.
- After the start turn right through the slot at the end of the spit. Turn left and head down river, past the island, toward Como. Look for a red/green pair of channel marks. You must stay within all the red and green channel markers when downstream of the start/finish line.
- 180 degree anti-clockwise turn around the first Red channel marker in Thompsons bay Illawong.
- Return towards start following the channel markers until you get to Bonnet Bay boat ramp. At this point you can take the path on the western shore of the river opposite where you started if you wish (eg., tide is high), taking care of rocks on the western side of the lower road bridge.
- Continue all the way up river to the footbridge and turn anti-clockwise around the middle pylon.
- Return is basically the same as the 5km TT. Come back past the start/finish line, turn right through the slot and anti-clockwise around the island. Finish between the start/finish green channel marker and the eastern beach.
Close view of downstream turn: