As a member of the Sutherland Shire Canoe Club you will have access to the clubhouse facilities, boats, equipment, showers, and toilets. You’ll also be joining a group of the friendliest and most helpful club members any paddler could hope to meet.
Benefits of SSCC membership:
- Make use of club boats, paddles, and lifejackets (PFDs)
- Park inside the gates and launch their boats from the clubrooms
- Learn canoeing skills through sound instruction in a safe environment
- Receive free coaching and tips from experienced members
- Participate in the club’s structured activities
- Access instructional programmes and events organised by PaddleNSW
- Compete in well organised club events, against canoeists of similar age and skills
- Join in club run days, weekends and trips
- Gain experience and knowledge of our waterways
- Achieve and maintain physical fitness
- Enjoy this healthy activity in the company of others with the same interest
- Access club discounts
Sutherland Shire Canoe Club is affiliated with PaddleNSW Inc, the peak body for paddle sports in NSW. PaddleNSW provides representation and insurance for clubs and events across NSW. PaddleNSW is further affiliated with Paddle Australia for national representation. Membership of PaddleNSW is managed through the Australian Canoeing website.
Paddlers who are not insured as members of Paddle Australia, wanting to participate in an SSCC event must pay a $20 single event fee to cover insurance. Paddlers who are insured with Australian Canoeing are not required to pay this levy.
Benefits of PNSW Membership
- Club Membership information
- Access to regular recreational paddles
- Eligibility to enter State (Club Member) events
- Optional eligibility for National Championship Titles
- Public liability insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance whilst participating in any endorsed PaddleNSW activity
- Discounted coaching courses
- Discounted Instructor courses linked to the Paddle Australia Qualification Scheme
- Discounted event entry PaddleNSW sanctioned events only
- Access to our extensive club and social network
- PaddleNSW electronic E-news
Schedule of fees
|Adult New Member||$80||$55||$135|
|Adult Renewing Member*||$80||$45||$125|
|Adult Affiliate Member**||$80||$10||$90|
|Junior Member (8-18yrs at 1 July 2018)||$60||$20||$80|
|Children (Under 8yrs as at 1 July 2018)||Free||Free||Free|
|Non-paddlers who are volunteers, officials, carers etc||Free||Free||Free|
|Non-Member Single Event Insurance||$20||Free||Free|
|Come-and-Try fee (covers up to three sessions)||$10||$10||$20|
|Secondary Club Membership||Free***||$45||$45|
*Renewals are only available until 31st July
**Conditions apply [details]
***Secondary Club Members are wholly responsible for ensuring that they are correctly joined to their primary club and AC for insurance and administration purposes
Have-a-go with Sutherland Shire Canoe Club
Members of the public wanting to try kayaking are welcome to contact the club to make an appointment to come down to the clubrooms on Sunday mornings throughout the year and have a go at paddling. Making an appointment allows us to have a paddle buddy on hand to help you have a safe and fun paddle experience.
To cover insurance and equipment use, you will be asked to sign an indemnity form and pay $20. This single fee covers up to three sessions. There is a limit of 3 Have-a-go days before we’ll ask you to join the club.
Visitors to the club need to comply with the Club’s Covid-19 Safety Plan, including practicing safe social distancing and good hand hygiene. Visitors (including the parents / guardians of juniors) must ensure that their name and contact information is recorded in the attendance book.
Make a Have-a-go appointment by emailing committee [at] shirekayaking.info
Joining the Sutherland Shire Canoe Club
- Before you start – you will need a credit card to complete your registration
- Paddle Australia provides insurance and representation for all paddle sport participants across Australia. If you are already a member of another PA affiliated club, you don’t need to do this again. There are a range of membership options available depending on your age and competitive interests. Click here for Paddle Australia …
- You will see two options Join or Renew.
- For renewals, follow the instructions in the guides on [this page]
- Once you have completed the join or renewal process you will have membership of the;
- National Body: Paddle Australia
- State: New South Wales
- Select Sutherland Shire Canoe Club from the Club list to start the club membership process.
- Then select a suitable membership category for your age and needs
- You will see two options Join or Renew.