Sutherland Shire Canoe Club acknowledges the Dharawal speaking people who are the Traditional Custodians of the land of Sutherland Shire. We recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and culture. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.
The Sutherland Shire Canoe Club is located on the Woronora River in the beautiful Burnum Burnum Sanctuary.
We are a friendly club catering for paddlers with a wide range of interests. Our members include juniors and adults wishing to hone their marathon racing skills, paddlers who enjoy harbour and ocean ski racing events plus many paddlers who enjoy recreational paddles on the peaceful Woronora. Our members paddle racing kayaks, recreational kayaks, sea kayaks, canoes and ocean skis. Look through our photo gallery below to see our members in action – paddling socially, in races, on flat water and in the sea.
Membership to Sutherland Shire Canoe Club includes membership to Dolls Point Paddlers. DPP caters for open water paddling and holds weekly sunrise paddles on Botany Bay all year round plus evening paddles in the Summer months.
Our club rooms at Woronora are open every Sunday from 9am to midday. This is the ideal location to launch your craft and meet other paddlers for a social paddle.
We welcome new paddlers to try our facilities before making a commitment to join. Please contact email@example.com to arrange your visit. For a small insurance fee, new paddlers can visit the club a few times, receive some basic instruction and borrow club boats and equipment. Everything is provided. Alternatively, we hold regular “Come and Try Days”. These days are a fun introduction to paddling where you can meet our members, receive instruction and try different types of kayaks and skis.
We look forward to meeting you and introducing you to the wonderful world of paddling. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t paddle or come to the clubhouse if you’re unwell, awaiting test results, are required to be isolating, etc.
- Practice safe distancing and good hand hygiene (hand sanitiser is available)
- Minimise the time you are in the boat shed and kitchen and try to keep the number of people in these indoor areas to an absolute minimum
- Club equipment must be cleaned before it is returned to the shed
- It’s recommended that you wear a mask when you are inside the clubhouse / kitchen or whenever you can’t maintain safe distancing
- Children aged under 12 don’t need to wear a mask
- For contact tracing purposes, please:
- Add your name to the attendance register
- Check in using the club’s QR code
- Above all, please use common sense and err on the side of caution
- Celebrating Paddling Volunteers: Tony Mitchell May 20, 2022May 16th – 22nd is National Volunteer Week, and PaddleNSW is excited to celebrate a range of volunteers from across our paddling community. These are the people that go above and beyond, yet often behind the scenes, to ensure the smooth running of events, the beauty of our waterways and the continuity of our clubs. […]
- Celebrating Paddling Volunteers: Mark Bretag May 19, 2022May 16th – 22nd is National Volunteer Week, and PaddleNSW is excited to celebrate a range of volunteers from across our paddling community. These are the people that go above and beyond, yet often behind the scenes, to ensure the smooth running of events, the beauty of our waterways and the continuity of our clubs. […]
- Celebrating Paddling Volunteers: Laura Kleinrahm & Adam Hofmeyer May 18, 2022May 16th – 22nd is National Volunteer Week, and PaddleNSW is excited to celebrate a range of volunteers from across our paddling community. These are the people that go above and beyond, yet often behind the scenes, to ensure the smooth running of events, the beauty of our waterways and the continuity of our clubs. […]
- Celebrating Paddling Volunteers: Alan Fitzgerald May 17, 2022
- Celebrating Paddling Volunteers: Chris Johnson May 16, 2022
- Day three action from the Paddle Australia Canoe Sprint Championships May 20, 2022Stunning conditions in Adelaide once again greeted competitors on day three of the Paddle Australia Canoe Sprint Championships, with plenty of Club glory on the line in the team boat events. Athletes also had the opportunity to test their speed, with the 200 metre distance the focus of the day. For full results – click […]
- CANOE SPRINT INTERNATIONAL SEASON SET TO KICK OFF THIS WEEKEND May 20, 2022The first Canoe Sprint international competition for the season kicks off in Racice, Czech Republic, this weekend with 12 Aussies set to line up for the three day event. More than 500 athletes from 50 countries and five continents have entered the World Cup, and for some countries including Australia, it will be their first […]
- JUNIORS SHINE ON DAY TWO OF THE PADDLE AUSTRALIA CANOE SPRINT CHAMPIONSHIPS May 19, 2022Day two of the Paddle Australia Canoe Sprint Championships has seen more rising stars deliver some impressive performances as Adelaide once again turned on stellar conditions. Returning to South Australia for the second consecutive year, the national Canoe Sprint Championships has brought together the paddling community with competitors and volunteers from across the country taking […]
- PADDLE AUSTRALIA RELEASES FIRST PHASE OF NATIONAL VOLUNTEER STRATEGY May 19, 2022Coinciding with National Volunteer Week, Paddle Australia has today released the first phase National Volunteer Strategy, the research and findings, which will aim to inform the overall strategy to improve recruitment, recognition and retention of volunteers in the sport. Paddle Australia has long boasted a strong, albeit small, group of volunteers who generously give their […]
- Noemie Fox pulls off balancing act as she pursues second career outside the rapids May 17, 2022Training and competing at the highest level of the sport requires dedication and commitment, but many high performance athletes cannot afford to focus solely on their athletic pursuit and postpone a second career until they retire from competitive sport. Australian Canoe Slalom paddler Noemie Fox works as a Transformation Analyst for leading global professional services […]