The Sutherland Shire Canoe Club is located on the Woronora River in the beautiful Burnum Burnum Sanctuary.
We are a friendly club catering for paddlers with a wide range of interests. Our members include juniors and adults wishing to hone their marathon racing skills, paddlers who enjoy harbour and ocean ski racing events plus many paddlers who enjoy recreational paddles on the peaceful Woronora. Our members paddle racing kayaks, recreational kayaks, sea kayaks, canoes and ocean skis. Look through our photo gallery below to see our members in action – paddling socially, in races, on flat water and in the sea.
Membership to Sutherland Shire Canoe Club includes membership to Dolls Point Paddlers. DPP caters for open water paddling and holds weekly sunrise paddles on Botany Bay all year round plus evening paddles in the Summer months.
Our club rooms at Woronora are open every Sunday from 9am to midday. This is the ideal location to launch your craft and meet other paddlers for a social paddle.
We welcome new paddlers to try our facilities before making a commitment to join. Please contact email@example.com to arrange your visit. For a small insurance fee, new paddlers can visit the club a few times, receive some basic instruction and borrow club boats and equipment. Everything is provided. Alternatively, we hold regular “Come and Try Days”. These days are a fun introduction to paddling where you can meet our members, receive instruction and try different types of kayaks and skis.
We look forward to meeting you and introducing you to the wonderful world of paddling. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t paddle or come to the clubhouse if you’re unwell, awaiting test results, are required to be isolating, etc.
- Practice safe distancing and good hand hygiene (hand sanitiser is available)
- Minimise the time you are in the boat shed and kitchen and try to keep the number of people in these indoor areas to an absolute minimum
- Club equipment must be cleaned before it is returned to the shed
- It’s recommended that you wear a mask when you can’t maintain safe distancing
- Above all, please use common sense and err on the side of caution
- Marathon Series Race 8, Cockle Creek September 18, 2023Hunter Valley Paddlesports Club put on a very memorable and exciting home race on 2 September. They were able to show the paddlers who travelled long distances what a small club like Hunter Valley can do. With 11 members paddling and a very enthusiastic group of volunteers setting the course and preparing the grounds the […]
- Glorious Central Coast Harbour Classic, 26 August 2023 September 12, 2023Race 5 in the 2023 Harbour Racing Series was hosted by Brisbane Water Paddlers. The weather Gods were finally in their favour this year and paddlers enjoyed the experience of paddling around the iconic Lion Island. 70 Paddlers started the race. · Long Course: 47 paddlers (44 single skis & 3 double skis). · […]
- Cronulla Sutherland Kayak Club Rolled out the carpet September 11, 2023PaddleNSW Marathon Series Race 7, 19th August 2023 On a cold and windy morning Cronulla Sutherland Kayak Club ensured a comfortable run for the barefoot paddlers doing the portage by laying carpet over the portage course. Although the weather resulted in a few non starters, all paddlers had no difficulty in handling the course and […]
- PNSW Annual General Meeting September 4, 2023Final reminder that the 2023 Annual General Meeting of Paddle NSW shall be held on Thursday, 14th September 2023 commencing at 7:30pm sharp. The meeting shall be conducted by GoToMeeting. Members are most welcome and encouraged to attend. Pre-registration is essential. Please notify the State Office of your intention to attend no later than Tuesday, […]
- 2023 PNSW Annual General Meeting August 6, 2023NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF PADDLE NSW INC. 7:30pm, Thursday, 14th September 2023 By GoToMeeting Notice is hereby given that the 2023 Annual General Meeting of Paddle NSW shall be held on Thursday, 14th September 2023 commencing at 7:30pm sharp. The meeting shall be conducted by GoToMeeting. Members are most welcome and encouraged to […]
- PADDLE AUSTRALIA WELCOMES KAYAK CROSS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FUNDING BOOST FOR PARIS OLYMPICS September 22, 2023Paddle Australia is pleased to be a beneficiary of the Australian Government’s second stream of the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Preparation Fund that was announced today. The sport system’s total $5 million funding boost is part of the overall $20 million commitment from the Australian Government announced in July, designed to significantly enhance the […]
- Aussie K1 athletes shine bright on Day 3 of Slalom World Champs September 21, 2023The sun was shining for Australia’s Canoe Slalom Team, as all five K1 athletes progressed to the semifinals on Day 3 of the 2023 ICF Canoe Slalom World Championships at the Lee Valley Whitewater Centre in London. After a tumultuous day on Wednesday for the C1 Heats, Jess Fox had a smooth opening run in […]
- Aussies wrestle with wet and windy conditions on day 2 of Slalom World Champs September 20, 2023Wild winds and lashing rain provided a challenging race day for Australia’s C1 athletes at the 2023 ICF Canoe Slalom World Championships in London on Wednesday. With gates swinging unpredictably from gusts over 60km/hr, all five Aussies struggled during Heat 1 of racing, and were relegated to Heat 2 in the afternoon. After finishing uncharacteristically […]
- AUSTRALIA WIN WOMEN’S KAYAK TEAM GOLD AT CANOE SLALOM WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS September 19, 2023Australia have opened their 2023 ICF Canoe Slalom World Championships campaign on a high, winning gold in the Women’s Kayak Team event at the Lee Valley Whitewater Centre in London. The team of Jessica Fox, Noemie Fox and Kate Eckhardt secured the gold medal in a blistering time of 108.62, 0.29 seconds ahead of Spain […]
- 2023 CANOE SLALOM WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS TO GET UNDERWAY AT LONDON OLYMPIC VENUE September 18, 2023Australia’s Canoe Slalom Team has the first opportunity to secure quota places for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games this week, when they compete at the 2023 ICF Canoe Slalom World Championships in London from 19 – 24 September. Taking place at the Lee Valley White Water Centre, which hosted Canoe Slalom at the London 2012 […]