The Sutherland Shire Canoe Club is located on the Woronora River in the beautiful Burnum Burnum Sanctuary.
We are a friendly club catering for paddlers with a wide range of interests. Our members include juniors and adults wishing to hone their marathon racing skills, paddlers who enjoy harbour and ocean ski racing events plus many paddlers who enjoy recreational paddles on the peaceful Woronora. Our members paddle racing kayaks, recreational kayaks, sea kayaks, canoes and ocean skis. Look through our photo gallery below to see our members in action – paddling socially, in races, on flat water and in the sea.
Membership to Sutherland Shire Canoe Club includes membership to Dolls Point Paddlers. DPP caters for open water paddling and holds weekly sunrise paddles on Botany Bay all year round plus evening paddles in the Summer months.
Our club rooms at Woronora are open every Sunday from 9am to midday. This is the ideal location to launch your craft and meet other paddlers for a social paddle.
We welcome new paddlers to try our facilities before making a commitment to join. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your visit. For a small insurance fee, new paddlers can visit the club a few times, receive some basic instruction and borrow club boats and equipment. Everything is provided. Alternatively, we hold regular “Come and Try Days”. These days are a fun introduction to paddling where you can meet our members, receive instruction and try different types of kayaks and skis.
We look forward to meeting you and introducing you to the wonderful world of paddling. Please contact us email@example.com
Join our facebook groups to keep up to date with our latest activities DollsPointPaddlers and ShireKayaking
- Don’t paddle or come to the clubhouse if you’re unwell, awaiting test results, are required to be isolating, etc.
- Practice safe distancing and good hand hygiene (hand sanitiser is available)
- Minimise the time you are in the boat shed and kitchen and try to keep the number of people in these indoor areas to an absolute minimum
- Club equipment must be cleaned before it is returned to the shed
- It’s recommended that you wear a mask when you can’t maintain safe distancing
- Above all, please use common sense and err on the side of caution
Public Notice – 2023 Woronora Marathon Race, Saturday 24 June
PUBLIC NOTICE – Dolls Point Classic, Sunday 7 May 2023
New Club 5K TT RECORD!
Save the Dates for Our Big 2023 Paddle Events
PUBLIC NOTICE – Dolls Point Classic, Sunday 7 August 2022
- PaddleNSW First Nations Reconciliation Action Plan May 26, 2023PaddleNSW, is excited to launch the First Nations Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). Acknowledgment of CountryPaddleNSW acknowledges the traditional owners of country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, waterways, culture and community. As an organisation and as a paddling community we pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging. salt water blood line […]
- 2023 Marathon Series Race 3, Lane Cove – “Spectacular” May 5, 2023Nothing could be more daunting than on the eve of your club marathon event, with all your members poised to deliver a big occasion for 137 paddlers from Clubs all over the State of NSW, BOM decides to call a major weather event right on top of everything. Lane Cove River Kayakers say they ran […]
- 2023 PaddleNSW Harbour Racing, Race 1 – Pittwater Challenge May 1, 2023by PaddleNSW in partnership with Learn to Paddle Now An autumn chill started the day at sunrise on the 15th April for the first race of the 2023 PaddleNSW Harbour Racing Series. The Manly Warringah Kayak Club volunteers and Marine Rescue crews were out on the water early securing the course buoys and briefing water safety […]
- PaddleNSW Membership Fees 2023/24 April 26, 2023The PaddleNSW Board has set the membership fees for 2023/24. PaddleNSW always encourages club growth and club membership. On that basis, the Board has increased the annual membership fee for direct members who don’t pay an additional club fee.
- PaddleNSW Strategic Review April 4, 2023Some members are aware there was a motion passed at the 2022 PNSW Annual General Meeting to conduct an independent strategic review including business operations and the roles of Board, staff and consultants. The motion was passed 25 votes for; 22 against. The Board proceeded to obtain quotes from independent consultancy firms that conduct such […]
- OLYMPIC ROWER EYES OFF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS OF A NEW KIND May 30, 2023He’s a seven-time world champion and three-time Olympic gold medalist in the sport of rowing, but now James Tomkins is preparing for a challenge of a different kind. Since retiring as an elite athlete, Tomkins has been searching for ways to keep himself active, finding himself in an ocean ski. “I got involved when one […]
- Learning and Development Project: Focus on Paddle Helper May 30, 2023As part of Paddle Australia’s (PA) commitment to creating ongoing learning and development opportunities for its community, PA will be introducing some new programs. One of which is ‘Paddle Helper,’ a program designed to support clubs, leaders and other training groups to facilitate guided programs in a safe and supportive environment. Paddle Helper will become […]
- Team Behind the Team – Paddle Australia’s Manager of Performance Support and Innovation Mark Osborne May 29, 2023Paddle Australia’s Manager of Performance Support and Innovation, Dr Mark Osborne, is responsible for some of the exciting projects underpinning the team’s preparations for the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games; where the team are focusing on the “one percenters” that make all the difference on the world’s biggest sporting stage. “There are a few […]
- Van der Westhuyzen & Green Back on K2 Podium with Bronze in Poland May 29, 2023Olympian Champions Jean van der Westhuyzen (QLD) and Tom Green (QLD) were back on the World Cup podium overnight, winning bronze in the Men’s K2 500 in Poznan, Poland. The duo flew down the course, to finish only 0.51 seconds behind the gold medalists from Lithuania, and only 0.22 seconds behind Germany in silver. It’s […]
- AUSTRALIA WIN CANOE SPRINT MEN’S K4 SILVER IN POLAND May 27, 2023Australia have won an historic Men’s K4 500 silver medal on day two of the ICF Canoe Sprint World Cup in Poznan, Poland. After missing out on qualifying for the A-Final in World Cup one in Hungary a couple of weeks ago, the quartet of Riley Fitzsimmons (NSW) , Pierre van der Westhuyzen (QLD), Jackson […]