The Sutherland Shire Canoe Club is located on the Woronora River in the beautiful Burnum Burnum Sanctuary.
We are a friendly club catering for paddlers with a wide range of interests. Our members include juniors and adults wishing to hone their marathon racing skills, paddlers who enjoy harbour and ocean ski racing events plus many paddlers who enjoy recreational paddles on the peaceful Woronora. Our members paddle racing kayaks, recreational kayaks, sea kayaks, canoes and ocean skis. Look through our photo gallery below to see our members in action – paddling socially, in races, on flat water and in the sea.
Membership to Sutherland Shire Canoe Club includes membership to Dolls Point Paddlers. DPP caters for open water paddling and holds weekly sunrise paddles on Botany Bay all year round plus evening paddles in the Summer months.
Our club rooms at Woronora are open every Sunday from 9am to midday. This is the ideal location to launch your craft and meet other paddlers for a social paddle.
We welcome new paddlers to try our facilities before making a commitment to join. Please contact email@example.com to arrange your visit. For a small insurance fee, new paddlers can visit the club a few times, receive some basic instruction and borrow club boats and equipment. Everything is provided. Alternatively, we hold regular “Come and Try Days”. These days are a fun introduction to paddling where you can meet our members, receive instruction and try different types of kayaks and skis.
We look forward to meeting you and introducing you to the wonderful world of paddling. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t paddle or come to the clubhouse if you’re unwell, awaiting test results, are required to be isolating, etc.
- Practice safe distancing and good hand hygiene (hand sanitiser is available)
- Minimise the time you are in the boat shed and kitchen and try to keep the number of people in these indoor areas to an absolute minimum
- Club equipment must be cleaned before it is returned to the shed
- It’s recommended that you wear a mask when you can’t maintain safe distancing
- Above all, please use common sense and err on the side of caution
- PaddleNSW Education Courses: February-April 2024 February 1, 2024PaddleNSW is proud to support the upcoming Sport Integrity Australia’s 2024 Integrity Education Webinar Series which has a core focus on ‘Child Safe Practices in Action’. The first three webinars will focus on Child Safe Practices in Action, and a fourth will address Grooming in the Sporting Environment. The webinars are 1 hour long. Register now through Sport […]
- Here’s a Fox, there’s a Fox! November 22, 2023PaddleNSW shines bright at the Sport NSW Awards At the Rebel 2023 NSW Champions of Sport Ceremony, held on Monday November 20, some of our most well known paddlers were up for Sport NSW Awards. At almost every turn of the evening, the name Fox was being announced with both Jess and Myriam receiving individual […]
- News From the Boardroom and Office November 10, 2023The PNSW Annual General Meeting was conducted online on Thursday, 14th September, with 44 members in attendance. Highlight of the evening was conferring Life Membership upon Bob Turner. Bob has made a massive contribution to the paddling community since 2006, especially in marathon racing. His outstanding service spans across all levels from club to state to national. […]
- NSW Slalom State Championships – Cotter River November 9, 20232023 NSW Canoe Slalom State Championships 28-29th October 2023, Cotter River, ACT A very successful 2023 NSW Canoe Slalom State Championships were held on the Cotter River this weekend. This event was part of an initiative to rebuild Canoe Slalom participation from the ground up, with the Cotter River venue providing all the elements needed – […]
- 2023 Hawkesbury Classic Paddle Report November 9, 2023111km…….By the light of a full moon!! – by Kent Heazlett Event Coordinator / Race Control Hawkesbury Classic Paddle The 2023 Hawkesbury Classic promised you the moon and boy, did we deliver. What a magical, magical night on the Hawkesbury River that night. We hope that all the paddlers, volunteers and land crew have had […]
- CEO Blog – February February 28, 2024With an event-heavy start to what will be a very big year for paddling and Paddle Australia, it’s safe to say that 2024 is well and truly in full swing! On behalf of Paddle Australia, I’d like to start by extending my heartfelt congratulations to Tim Anderson and Tristan Carter who have been selected to […]
- 10 Things you need to know about the 2024 Canoe Slalom Nationals February 28, 20241) – RACE SCHEDULE The draft race schedule can be found HERE and will start with the team leaders meeting on Thursday April 4th at 3.00 pm. The basic program will follow: Tuesday- All States Camp and Open Training. Wednesday- All States Camp and Open Training. Thursday- Training Friday- Kayak Cross Saturday- All Slalom Heats Sunday […]
- 2024 Paddle Australia Canoe Marathon and SUP Championships February 26, 2024Registrations are OPEN for the 2024 PA Canoe Marathon and SUP Championships, which will be hosted by Paddle SA on the beautiful Encounter Lakes April 5th -7th. Click HERE to register. Things that could help with planning and training! It would be an advantage to be able to wash ride effectively on bends. Short beach […]
- 2023 PA Canoe Marathon Paddler of the year – Nominations now open. February 22, 20242023 PA Canoe Marathon Paddler of the year – Nominations are now open. Nominations are sought for 2023 PA Canoe Marathon Paddler of the year in the following categories: Senior Male Senior Female Junior Male Junior Female Masters Male Masters Female Note: Junior is 18 and under. Masters are those who turned 35+ in 2023. Nominations […]
- Canoe Polo – 2024 Team Manager EOI’s NOW Open February 21, 2024Paddle Australia is now calling for expressions of interest to support our 2024 Canoe Polo National Teams as they travel to their World Championship event to be held in Dequing, China from the 15th – 20th October, 2024. To apply click HERE The Team Manager is responsible for: Providing administrative support to the team in […]