Members of the public are invited to attend the annual Woronora Marathon. This year we’re honoured to be hosting both the inaugural First Nations Marathon Round and the first race in the inaugural ‘New to Marathon’ Junior Series.
The race starts and finishes at the Burnum Burnum Sanctuary. This event brings 120+ boats and supporters to the Woronora area each year. The public is advised of the following impacts:
- The Burnum Burnum Sanctuary, parking area, boat ramp and park shelters are likely to be heavily congested from early on the day (8am to 2pm).
- Boat owners are encouraged to use the alternate boat ramp at Bonnet Bay noting that this boat ramp will also be within the course set out for the race
- Boat operators are reminded to observe the posted maximum speed restrictions, and minimize boat wash in accordance with Maritime Safety Act 1998, part 2, section 13 – Reckless, dangerous or negligent navigation and other acts
- Fishing from the shoreline, structures and water is likely to be disrupted by race activities between the Prince Edward Park footbridge and Thompson’s Bay Illawong.
- SSCC and SES volunteers will be assisting with safety boats.
- Temporary buoys will be deployed during the race to mark the course and shallow water hazards.